Welcome to Unicron.com's coverage of Botcon 2012. As usual, the convention consisted of Transformers customizing classes, convention exclusive figures, exhibit floor overflowing with Transformers and of course dozens of lines a half a mile long each! (Actually, they've been getting better and better at managing crowd control. And with the number of people growing more and more every year, the organizers did a very fine job...)
Transformers Collector Club Panel:
2012 - Botcon (general)
2012 - TFCC
The first 6 figures have bee planned, at they showed photographs photo-shopped images of the recolors... Some are recolors, others retools...
Hasbro Brand Panel:
- Correct color Bruticus to be sold at mass retail anywhere? No. But bright colors in store
Hasbro - High Moon Studios/Activision Panel
Transformers Hall of Fame: Dinner/Awards Dinner
Well, we made it to Botcon 2012 and cranked away a couple hundred pictures for you all on the Showroom floor of all the official displays. We'll keep adding to this gallery as new transformers are added to the showcases. We're looking forward to seeing what fills in empty display case spots throughout the weekend.
Presentation begins with Stephen Davis, President, Hasbro Studios
• Hasbro Studios produced shows are now being seen on over 140 networks across the globe.
TRANSFORMERS Presentation first...
Presenters: Jerry Jivoin Marketing director. Joshua Lamb, Sr. Design director’.
Transformers The Ride: Opens universal studios Hollywood in May.
Virtual World MMO will launch in 2012: showed trailer. War is coming, chose your side, shape your destiny.
Rescue Bots: Heatwave, Chase, Blades, Boulder. Great introduction to Transformers for kids.
2012 - Rescue Bots
Kre-O: great new theme. A great new storyline, energon cubes in each set
2012 - KRE-O
Movie Trilogy Set: Basically discontinued --crowd in stunned silence...
Notice: No Images or Galleries Found
Transformers Prime: March 6, DVD on Blu Ray
• Deluxe: a mech tech-like incorporated wave 2 Ratchet and Arcee, Wave 3 Knockout, Hotshot, Vehicon
• Weaponizer: (a new price point at $29.99 suggested retail) “similar to a leader scale. Weaponizing feature, functions in both modes. Very exciting Cannons come out and spin both modes.
• Prime Entertainment pack Bumblebee vs. starscream with MECH human figures will be available in Asia only
• Prime Remote controlled wave 1: Bumblebee and Knockout. Electronic transformination and electronic battling.
• Role Play battle masks w/ TF:Prime OP and Bumblebee
• 2/18 TFP Season 2 premiere, 3/1 Prime toys (finally) hit retail
Bot Shots: led with TV commercial, which make these little toys pretty likable...
2012 - Bot Shots
GENERATIONS: Probably the highlight of the presentation, since nothing new was seen during TF:Prime portion
2012 - Generations - Deluxe
GIJoe Presentation: Retaliation, a way to re-connect in a different and better way to bring this stories to better appeal to fans. • On shelf late may, early June. Overall >50 3 ¾” figures • Roadblock, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander. • GIJoe Trooper, Cobra Trooper (w/ cloth parachute) Red Ninja “Army Builders • Wave 2. Battle-Kata Roadblock, Firefly, Flint Movie accurate • More troop builders w/ Ninjas! Alley Viper, Cyber Ninja, Dragon Ninja. Crimson Guard, Night Viper.
Star Wars presentation: Lots coming, light up light sabers on 3 ¾“ figures… and more…
Marvel Presentation: Intersting twist for Transformers fans, Death’s Head (recall UK Simon Furmon did Transformers-Death’s Head crossover)
2012 - ToyFair (general)